Amazed and impressed, we stand before God’s creation and plan. We see that things have a well-conceived order and precise timing.
The following famous passage states,
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What do workers gain from their toil?” Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
The amazing revelation regarding God’s many plans is that YOU are at the center of HIS interest! God establishes an environment and a timeline here on earth by which we live and plan every single day!
Solomon raises some critical questions in this passage: “What has lasting value at the end of this life? What do we have to show as the major gain at the end of our lives?”
He analyzed this for us in an impressive way, so let’s take a closer look: “I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” Ecclesiastes 3:10-11
Three things immediately catch our eye in this analysis:
- God has planned everything with absolute excellence and He has timed everything in your life very well!
- In all of this He has given you and me the ability to see everything from a larger perspective; specifically from an “eternal” perspective. Unfortunately, some people have lost this outlook in the busy hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Many questions will remain in your and my life, because God did not intend that we research and understand everything on earth. The apostle Paul talks about this when he says, “We know in part…”
God wants you to live with this realization:
- He has prepared everything wonderfully for you!
- Never lose the eternal perspective as you walk out your everyday life.
- Relax: You’ll never be able to comprehend everything to the last detail.
And most importantly: What will ultimately be the end result of the life you’ve lived?
- Will JESUS have a place in your life?
- Is every new day centered on HIM?
- Do you live for HIM?
- Does HE determine your present and future?
- Is HE your One and Only?
- Is HE the love of your life?
- Is HE the most important thing in your everyday life?
- Is He, the Everlasting, the joy of your life here on earth?
If you can answer these questions with YES, everything you tackle will have lasting and eternal value.
And that’s what matters! Every single day anew! Throughout the entire year!
This is what I wish for you with all my heart for this new year.
With heartfelt blessings for 2019,